Software Engineer Data
at Simple Energy (View all jobs)Boulder
Simple Energy is a fast-paced, Boulder-based startup. We graduated TechStars in 2011 and have continued growing and improving since. We are changing the world by helping people understand and reduce their energy consumption. We’re looking for someone to join our team and help us continue that effort.
We are searching for an experienced, disciplined Software Engineer with back-end experience who is passionate about changing the way millions of people save energy. You’ll work within the Engineering Team to build and improve our platforms (especially our API layers and data processing) to deliver flexible and creative solutions to our utility partners and end users. You’ll be a part of developing a robust architecture to manage massive amounts of data and leveraging it to deliver a compelling experience to users across our platforms. And you’ll work on a great team, get excellent benefits, and stock options All in a fast-growing Boulder startup.
- be excited to work with talented, committed people in a fast-paced, startup environment
- be passionate about energy consumption and making a difference in the world
- love developing great software -- some of your proudest moments involve GitHub
- be capable of prioritizing your work to adhere to a deliverable schedule and ensure successful delivery that exceeds expectations
- have a strong eye for detail and quality of your code.
- Not be afraid to dig into hard problems, and enjoy experimenting to come up with simple, elegant solutions.
- You are an experienced developer - a minimum of 2+ years of professional experience
- Python experience, preferably v3
- Experience working with large data sets in RDBMS, preferably postgreSQL
- Pandas / SciPy / Numpy / R / SciKitLearn
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable microservice architecture
- 2+ years building and managing APIs to industry-accepted RESTful standards
- AWS or other cloud service provider experience
- Demonstrable experience with writing unit and functional tests
- Application of industry security best practices to application and system development
- Ability to deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering, or demonstrable industry experience
The following experiences are not required, but you'll stand out from other applicants if you have any of the following, in our order of importance:
- Experience with cloud infrastructure automation such as terraform, cloudformation or similar
- Solid CI/CD experience
- Serverless architecture, preferably AWS Lambda
- You work on the command line confidently and are familiar with all the goodies that the linux toolkit can provide
- You are a Git guru and revel in collaborative workflows
Benefits every Simple Energy employee gets:
- Competitive salary
- An equity stake in Simple Energy
- Getting to work in one of the greatest places in the world – Boulder (we're a little biased)
- Health insurance coverage
- Rocky Mountain National Park annual pass
- Boulder/Denver B-Cycle Annual membership and RTD EcoPass
Be part of building a great company with an awesome culture: intelligent, passionate, engaged coworkers; dog-friendly office; company outings; free snacks and drinks; and the opportunity to change how millions of people think about and act on saving energy.