Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
Viasat is looking for a talented Software Engineer (Data Scientist) to join our growing company. In this challenging and dynamic role, you will be working with and supporting diverse teams of engineers developing next-generation products and services at Viasat. You are a capable self-starter, self-motivated software engineer, disciplined in software development methods including Agile/Scrum. You will develop new, novel systems, interfaces, reports, and platforms that enable our team to analyze and disposition complex data sets collected during Viasat's product and service lifecycles. You will be part of a growing team developing cloud-based solutions for tackling problems across a wide range of products and services. Our team utilizes open source software and is on a mission to develop new and exciting ways to enable our team to collaborate, analyze, and share reproducible data/reports. We have a goal to give back to our internal and external communities, as we are building upon their work. Come join us and help shape how we fulfill our mission to connect the world!
• 1-3 years of experience as a software engineer or software developer
• Experience working in a team developing python applications, packages, etc.
• Experience with a modern database framework (NoSQL, SQL, etc.)
• Experience using Jupyter notebooks and widgets
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Strong communication and teamwork skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, and/or a related field
• U.S. Government Position. U.S. Citizenship Required.
• Up to 10% domestic travel
• Experience using PhosphorJS or ReactJS
• Experience using one or more visualization libraries, e.g. matplotlib, plot.ly, d3, etc.
• Experience with python data analysis libraries, e.g. Pandas, numpy, etc.
• Strong working knowledge of Linux
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required
Back to search jobs
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse enviroment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, or veteran status.