In this role, you'll be working with a small but rapidly growing team, benefitting from shared technology of the greater Waymo and Alphabet organizations. Our team is made up of robotics specialists from some of the leading technology companies of our time - with deep expertise in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and real-world deployment of advanced technology.
- Work alongside Software Engineers from across the Trucking Team to provide understanding and confidence in the features and changes we are working on.
- Evaluate and understand the cross-functional, trucking-specific challenges that need to be tackled to operate a large fleet of autonomous trucks safely and efficiently.
- Develop new metrics/models for measuring driving performance, unblocking the development of advanced onboard features and driverless launches.
- Prototype and deploy robust and reliable solutions to cutting-edge driving problems.
- Understand how our vehicles act and react in complex, nuanced, and rare situations.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science/Data Science/Statistics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in programming (in C++ or python)
- Familiarity with data analysis in the context of evaluation.
- Experience in robotics or other physical systems.
- Familiarity with the trucking industry
- Firm grasp of statistics, modeling, and/or machine learning.
- SQL (or other querying language)