Software Engineer - Data Integration
at Echo Global LogisticsChicago, IL
As a Software Engineer on the Echo Global Logistics team, you will contribute to engineering of large scale web-based applications to enable Echo’s business while supporting architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function. Our proprietary software is created with the goal tosimplify transportation for our customers and carriers, and is one of our largest competitive advantages in an ever growing market.
Our team has recently been ranked the third largest digital company by employee size in Chicago and we are continuing to see increased growth in virtually all of our technical teams. We have recently completed the technology integration with Command Transportation and look forward to continued success with you as part of our team!
Essential Position Functions
- See technology as a passion, not something you just do between 9-5
- Possess the ability to create new solutions; we operate on a web based platform and constantly facing unchartered waters
- Possess strong fundamentals within coding technologies and a willingness to wear several hats when called upon
- Do not wait for something to break; find a problem before it becomes one and constantly aiming to improve
- Having a willingness to vocalize these ideas and pick yourself up if you get knocked down
- Value passionate technologists, go-getters, and people who never stop seeking ways to improve existing technology
- Have a high focus on career development and the runway to get you there
- Work hard, period
- Offer competitive compensation, benefits, 401k, challenging projects, company wide events, coworkers and leaders who will push you to get better, a sense of community not found anywhere else
Software Engineer’s work in conjunction with Senior Engineer’s, Business Analysts, and Business Owners
- Contributes to technical design including high-level conceptual diagram, ERD, service contracts using technologies (open to other languages) in an Agile environment
- Work to develop one or several of our web based product offerings
- Producing high quality code and addressing technical debt
- Support and accountable for timely releases
- Carry out root cause analysis on defects to ensure fixes are happening in the right way
- Provide mentorship to teammates
- As a team member work hand in hand with product owner to break down user stories
- Work to continuously advance your skill set
- Managing software risk, balancing priorities, going above and beyond the call of duty
- 1-3 years developing commercial-grade business applications leveraging the following:
- Writing code in an OO programming language
- Build or maintain fault tolerant systems
- Data structure and algorithms
- SOA architecture
- Proven record on (Enterprise) Integration patterns in distributed systems.
- Proven record on Integration performance troubleshooting.
- Proven record in distributed and event driven systems.
- Messaging by leveraging: Rabbit MQ
- Very nice to have:
- Proven record on usage of Integration tool, “Informatica ETL, Data Mastering, Data Quality”
- Proven track record in working in a fast paced environment
What's in it for you?
- Help career growth by joining industry leader and continuing to advance Echo web basedtechnologies
- Working with an organization with defined market goals, products, customers, revenue, and development teams
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on our product offerings
- Work in the full software delivery life-cycle
- Ability to constantly enhance and improve applications
- Have a clearly defined career growth track with enough flexibility to pave your own way
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.