BlueVoyant is seeking a Software Engineer/Data Engineer to help us build a data analytics platform powerful enough to protect some of the world’s biggest networks, and nimble enough to adapt to a quickly evolving product vision. We are solving interesting, exciting, and important problems with smart people.
Qualifications for the Software Engineer/Data Engineer:
- Strong hands-on programming skills, with expertise in multiple implementation languages/frameworks including a subset of Python, Java, and Scala with delivery background in middleware, and backend implementations.
- Familiarity with large-scale, big data, and streaming data technologies, as well as exposure to a variety of structured (Postgres, MySQL) and unstructured data sources (Elastic, Kafka, and the Hadoop ecosystem) as implemented at Internet-scale.
- Experience writing and optimizing streaming and batch analytics.
- Experience with Agile frameworks, secure software design, test-driven development, and modern, container-delivered code deployment in a cloud-based DevOps environment.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field experience.
What you will do as a Software Engineer/Data Engineer:
- Work closely with analysts to transform threat analytics into production-level code.
- Actively contribute to application architecture and product vision.
- Participate in requirements gathering and transformation from prototype to product design.
- Participate in daily development stand-up meetings and regular sprint planning and product demo meetings.
- Help us stay current on the latest data processing tools and trends.
Ideal candidates will:
- Thrive in our small, fast-paced, product-driven environment
- Collaborate with teams from across the organization
- Deliver features and fixes on tight schedules and under pressure
- Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Create systems that are maintainable, flexible and scalable
- Define and follow a disciplined development and engineering workflow
- Demonstrate ownership of tasks with escalation as needed
- Be a subject matter expert in one or more of the technologies employed
- Relentlessly push for successful customer outcomes
- Possess a strong interest or background in cyber security
General responsibilities include:
- Participate in all stages of an agile software development lifecycle, including product ideation, requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and support
- Refine our software development methodology based on agile/lean practices with continuous feedback and well-defined metrics to drive improvement
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and help implement strategies and solutions to reduce the likelihood of reoccurrence
- Identify competitive offerings and opportunities for innovation including assessments of risk/reward to the company.