As a member of the development group responsible for the analytics products driving this $70m+ line of business, you will participate in all aspects of defining, creating and supporting Inmar Intelligence’s in-house business intelligence platform. Specifically you will:
- Translate business reporting requirements into visualizations while contributing to the system architecture
- Work with data scientists, platform management, and engineering to design, refine, and operationalize data products for internal and client-facing use
- Identify possible deficiencies in our current data products reporting capability and propose new or improved data products with data science rigor
- Lead and participate in design/code reviews among relevant teams to ensure data products are designed to meet minimum viable requirements and in an accurate and architecturally efficient manner
- Monitor and ensure high data products utilization for internal and client-facing users (increased stickiness)
- Develop data science pipelines for emerging reports, metrics, etc. for prototyping before full engineering commitment
- Completes data product coding projects
- Maintains a working development environment
- Performs unit and integration testing
- Research new tools and technologies
- Reviews functional requirements documentation
- Documents technical design
Project Management (10%)
- Records project work item status
- Participates in Sprint Status and daily stand-up meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 5 years of professional experience
- SQL (guru proficiency) and query optimization
- PySpark or Spark Scala coding experience
- Experience with BI Tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Exposure to Big Data environments (e.g. Hadoop/Hive)
- Source code management: Git, SVN
- Curious with a constant desire to learn new things
- A track record of building and shipping successful web products
- You are able to explain technical concepts to developers, product managers, and business partners
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability and desire to work with a team of people solving complex problems that often require independent research with minimal supervision
- Experience with building engineering systems, and/or making tools run reliably in automation
- Experience with visualization technologies, NoSql and/or messaging architectures
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- Knowledge and experience within the “Ad Tech” industry
- Accountability: VP, Engineering
- Written Communication: Provides technical design notes via Google Docs and Diagrams, updates work item status via Jira.
- Verbal Communication: Provides daily and weekly updates during team meetings or stand-ups.
As an Inmar Associate, you:
- Put clients first and consistently display a positive attitude and behaviors that demonstrate an awareness and willingness to listen and respond to clients in order to meet their short-term and long-term needs, requirements and exceed their expectations.
- Treat clients and teammates with courtesy, consideration and tact; you also have the ability to perceive the needs of internal and external clients and communicate effectively with the objective of delighting and retaining the client.
- Build collaborative relationships and work cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives, develop and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Set and attain achievable, yet aggressive, goals with a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Understand that results are important and focus on turning mission into action to achieve results following the principles of Flawless Execution while consistently complying with quality, service and productivity standards to meet deadlines and exceed expectations by giving our clients the best possible outcome.