At Acxiom, we are powering a world where all marketing is relevant. Our data products and services enable marketers to recognize, better understand, and then deliver highly applicable messages to consumers across any available channel.
As a Software Engineer you will be part of the team building the next generation tech stack that will deliver Acxiom identity products.
The culture at Acxiom is driven by associates who are passionate about their work. We do things to keep the work interesting including:
● Bi-annual Hackathons - You can pull a team together and spend a week working on something that interests you.
● Flexibility - We are deeply flexible and dedicated to maintaining a good work life balance. So if you want to work from home on occasion, we won't begrudge you.
● Casual Attire - We have a laid-back dress code so we dress comfortably most of the time.
● Workout at our free onsite gym or check out our walking trails and frisbee golf.
● Watch a flick with your coworkers in our new onsite movie theater.What you will do:
- 3+ years core Java experience in building business logic layers and back-end systems for high-volume pipelines
- Experience developing distributed processing systems, service-oriented architectures and/or microservices
- Understanding of distributed data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data
- Current experience working with Big Data processing projects, such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Flink, etc.
- Experience working with complex, large-scale public cloud deployments hosted across multiple data centers - AWS and GCP preferred
- Database Design/Programming (MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps tools (Git, Jenkins, Jira) and methodologies (Lean, Agile, Scrum, TDD, DDD, etc.)
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related technical field (MS preferred)
What will set you apart:
- Experience working with stream processing tools, such as Spark, Kafka SQL/Streams, Flink, etc.
- Experience with software containerization using Kubernetes, Docker, OpenStack/OpenShift, etc.
- Familiarity with of RESTful API design with OpenAPI 3.0
- Familiarity with message schema design best practices using JSON, Protobuf, Avro, Parquet, etc.
- Experience with front end development using TypeScript and/or GraphQL, and frameworks such as Angular, React, etc.
- Familiarity with the computational challenges of entity resolution.