Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Essential functions, duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Understand the programming languages, software development frameworks and IDE’s and demonstrate proficiency in their proper and effective use to create and support high quality industry leading software within CSI’s development environment and product architecture.
- Demonstrate ability to design, develop and support software features, desktop applications, and web based applications and full installation package including technical documentation and associated unit tests.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and review functional specifications that include a feature or complete application and set of user interface interactions or work flows.
- Demonstrate ability to proactively define and deliver the set of tasks and associated milestones for an assigned project and manage the planning, risk identification and mitigation, proactive reporting and updates.
- Demonstrate ability to profile the performance of a feature or algorithm and make necessary improvements including updates to unit tests.
- Demonstrate ability to understand a business problem and conduct research to find an optimum and affordable solution, design and implement the solution or algorithm and accompanying unit tests.
- Demonstrate ability to develop software applications that are scalable and designed to be deployed as a web based multi-tenant or single-tenant software service or desktop application.
- Demonstrate understanding and show proficiency in measuring product performance, operational metrics and formulating improvements (document them in the requirements repository) and communicating findings in a concise manner.
Understand the correct use of API’s, SDK’s, Source Code and Version Control and Software Deployment Methods. Demonstrate proficiency in interfacing and use of these systems to create and support high quality industry leading software within CSi’s development environment and product architecture.
- Demonstrate ability to develop templates with API’s or SDK’s using a functional specification that has already been completed.
- Demonstrate ability to conduct API and SDK related specification reviews and code reviews and recommend improvements that are consistent with the overall product and technical architecture.
Demonstrate proficiency in correctly utilizing and appropriately applying software design, development and testing methodologies within CSi’s SDLC.
- Understand and demonstrate ability to deliver software for an assigned CSi application using an agile development methodology or a classic waterfall process as suited to the development and business need in a predictable and repeatable manner.
- Demonstrate ability to pro-actively and clearly define the risks in a given functional specification. A risk constitutes any implementation or solution level unknowns, performance that may not meet requirements, code which needs to be re-used but in an unstable sate and needing re-factoring or R&D that needs to be done to solve any open problems.
- Demonstrate ability to propose options to removerisk or mitigate them in a proactive manner.
Understand and demonstrate proficiency in the proper design, implementation and support of the data, business logic and user interface architecture models that meet the market and technical requirements and specifications.
- Demonstrate ability to design, implement and test platforms and applications that may have an associated canonical transactional data model and a persistent data model that are based on a single partner (compared to multiple partners) meeting specified market requirements.
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
Experience Required: Four or more years of functional work experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Apply CSi’s scripting standards and guidelines in creating and maintaining interactive and visual logic contained within dynamic documents or other modules
- Analyze product requirements and implement them efficiently and with minimal bugs.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all tools, components or process that impact document development and/or visual logic that drives other systems.
- Develop an understanding of the different Product lines (e.g. Commercial, Consumer Real Estate, etc.)
- Have in depth knowledge of how CSi’s data elements work and understand relationship and translation between different schema representations.
- Apply/implement unit test processes to validate work quality.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, process, documentation, HTML, and XML
- Assist in developing tools, applications, techniques and methodologies for improving processes.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains processes to supportscriptingprocesses and applications.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of CSi systems and the financial services industry.
- Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
Job Id: R-004087