$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Job Summary: Performs somewhat complex software engineering assignments following designated standards and procedures. Works closely with other engineering disciplines. Duties require application of engineering principles and techniques. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes functional requirements.
• Develops design concepts for software work products.
• Participates in the analysis, design, development, test, modification and integration of software systems or subsystems for designated products and/or customer applications.
• Understands and works with peripheral elements of assigned software work products (run time environments, databases, networks).
• Develops software requirements, related design, and code.
• Performs software testing.
• Applies and maintains quality standards.
• Assesses severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, and performs fault isolation and implements solutions.
• Revises and updates programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules and milestones.
• Maintains the host environment and toolsets required to implement software deliverables.
• Assists in specification preparation and the assessment of products.
• Assists in the writing of reports, manuals and procedures.
• Keeps abreast of improvements in programming techniques.
• Engages in continuous self-improvement of technical skills and improvements in programming techniques and toolsets.
• Recommends value added changes to existing coding practices, standards and tools.
• Shows commitment to company values, ethics, safety, security, labor charging, and quality.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related technical discipline, plus two years of related experience, or a Master of Science degree. Desired experience in designing, developing and troubleshooting software programming. Requires proficiency using programming languages such as Java, "C/C++," Product Lifecycle Management, graphics or other developmental software. May require ability to develop software in a Unix, Windows Server 2003/2008/Vista/XP/Windows 7 and up, Integrated Development Environments (IDEs), or other PC environment. May require experience with embedded processing. Ability to use PC software such as word processing, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. Effective written and oral communication skills required. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products desirable. Able to analyze and solve complex software engineering problems. Able to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadline and budget guidelines. May be required to travel domestically and internationally to include working odd hours, in-line with customer requirements
Valid Through: 2019-10-11