The Software Engineer is responsible for the development of PLC software for our client's CNC High Precision Turning Centers, Machining Centers, and Grinders. This position will write the Software Technical Documents, Functional Descriptions, and Theory of Operations for our equipment.
The requirements for this position are as follows:
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or electrical engineering required.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in Fanuc and Siemens PLC ladder design required. Experience with Mitsubishi PLC Ladder is a plus. Experience with Windows C++/C# is desired. Strong organizational skills and excellent communication skills are required. Strong project management skills required.
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE:
• Skill in reading and understanding Electrical Schematics and diagrams.
• Experience developing PLC software for CNC controls.
• Experience with CNC tools and Fanuc, Mitsubishi, and/or Siemens CNC controls.
• Knowledge of CE European safety and/or NFPA 79 codes.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes including turning, milling, and grinding.
• Develop PLC software for our high precision machines
• Create Software Technical Documentation as needed
• Work independently as well as with multiple departments
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers and distributors
• Collaborate with leadership for efficient and effective software processes.