Las Vegas, NV
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 59 days ago
At Criterion Systems, Inc., we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. Our Offerings: *100% employee-owned private Government contractor founded in 2005. *High retention rate because we work hard at holding onto talent. *Excellent Leadership Team comprised of individuals who have successfully built and run businesses and are involved in day-to-day operations to include an open-door policy. We are as large in 2017 as we have ever been! Our employees are the most valuable assets. Are you ready to be appreciated?
Criterion Systems has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer to join a team on a project with the U.S. Department of Energy. This position is located in Las Vegas, NV, with occasional travel to other project and client locations.
Once you are hired you will design, develop, integrate, and maintain software solutions, web applications, and big data solutions.
Software Engineer Other Job Duties:
• Design and develop application frameworks for use in ongoing projects.
• Design and implementation of data driven web applications.
• Design and implementation of web services to support application integration.
• Big Data analytics with Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Impala, Pig, and other components of the Hadoop ecosystem.
• Database Schema design and optimization
• Maintenance, bug fixes, and feature additions for existing applications.
• Shell scripting to automate maintenance and logging of applications.
• Code review to ensure adherence to best practices and secure coding methodologies.
• Work closely with Database and System Administrators, and Infrastructure groups to meet performance goals.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• U.S. Citizenship is required
• Qualified applicants must have a current DOE Q or TS clearance, or be able to pass the appropriate background investigations to attain one.
• Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a similar area of study Four (4) years of relevant software development and/or IT experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Three (3+) years of development experience.
• Compliance with 8570 CND-IAT II within six months
• Secure coding methodologies
• Cyber security principles
• Business Intelligence experience is a plus.
• .Net experience
• BMC Remedy experience
• Alfresco customization experience
• Workflow experience (jBPM, Activiti)
• Machine Learning
• Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef)
• Hadoop experience
• MapReduce experience
• High volume data stream processing
• The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
Requisition ID : 1798