Analysis of business requirements; architecture and design of software systems; coding; unit and system testing; versatility with multiple technologies; ability to quickly learn and use new technologies; troubleshooting of difficult problems; expertise with the software lifecycle; scoping and estimation of projects; and writing of technical documentation. This position is based in North Hills, NY.Primary duties
- Software development
- Coordinates work with business, team members and other teams
- Communication with management and other teams
- Reporting of status and risks
- Working effectively with internal partners
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced peers
- Works under minimal supervision
- Provided with assignments and objectives and given wide latitude for independent judgment
- Can be relied on to meet deadlines with high quality deliverables
- The responsibilities may include researching existing Open Source solutions and recommending for possible adaptation for DealerTrack software platform.
- 3-4 years of total experience in object oriented web development (OOD)
- Experience with at least one of the technology: 2+ years of experience with Python, 2+ years with Django or similar. Must have some web development experience.
- Experience with both UI and backend development including using one ORM technology
- Experience with IBM datapower or similar is a huge plus
- Understanding Web Services is a plus
- Knowledge on Oracle is a plus.
- Experience with Apache is a plus
- Experience using development tools include source control (Git, Mercurial), IDEs, and defect tracking tools is a plus
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies is essential
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-4 years of related work experience.