The Software Engineer will report to Sr. Manager - Corporate Systems and will be part of the team that is responsible for Application portfolio management and development that focuses on building and configuring software solutions leveraging Oracle EBS suite and Hyperion products. This entails: (1) strategizing, roadmap planning, selecting, architecting/designing, building and implementing technology solutions to solve complex business problems.(2) portfolio management for entire business applications suite (3) actively managing the on-going health and supportability of the portfolio in alignment with IT Ops & Support, (4) managing the cost, contracts, and licensing associated with the portfolio, (5) partnering with other IT and business teams to deliver end to end technology solutions for JCPenney. The team provides IT solutions to JCP corporate finance, accounting, procurement and back office shared services business clients.
Critical Primary Responsibilities:
- Participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle to build technical solutions for medium to large complexity efforts, including coordinate sourcing of new hardware/software with procurement, licensing & maintenance, portfolio metrics, change management, security & compliance and partnership with shared services to achieve the business objectives and goals.
- Develops detailed specifications that meet requirements. Leads team to drive resolution and process improvements to further minimize impact to our production environment and support business partners. Documents all key processes to further drive performance.
- Owns and maintains relationship with business partners, vendors and technical groups to provide support and escalations for the technical incidents. Work with geographically diverse locations.
- Participates in the development of non-functional requirements and reviews architecture and design of new solutions. Develops (design/code) high quality software solutions.
- Able to explain technical issues to the business or IT leadership in non-technical, understandable terms and provides technical leadership to junior engineers.
Critical Skills & Experiences:
- Oracle EBS implementation, development & customization expertise in EBS R12
- SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, XML Publisher, Oracle Application Framework (OAF), Workflow Builder
- Experience with Oracle Databases
- Experience in Oracle EBS Financials (GL, AP, FA ), Procurement (PO, iProc) and Projects
- Oracle Implementation (AIM) methodology expertise in addition to waterfall, iterative and Agile.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills