Foot Locker, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer - Core Services, to be part of designing and implementing Cloud Native RESTful APIs for our websites, native mobile apps, and partners consuming internal and external services. The ideal candidate is passionate about solving complex business problems by delivering simple, robust and maintainable solutions using continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Active participation in back-end development efforts in building a robust ecommerce platform.
- Design and implement RESTful APIs using proven design principles and patterns.
- Design and develop utility functions and cross cutting modules.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum, test driven development environment.
- Develop unit and functional tests for the code developed.
- Collaborate with multiple cross functional teams.
- Good understanding of OO principles, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with Java, JEE technologies, Spring and related frameworks.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge in Asynchronous messaging and event driven architectures.
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools (Jenkins, Git, Chef etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with containerization / orchestration technologies is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in building back-end systems.
- 1+ years of experience in building scalable RESTful APIs.
- Exposure to Cloud environment using AWS or Azure or Google Cloud platforms.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or closely related field and 8years of related work experience.