In this role, you'll learn the foundations of the TripAdvisor stack, and help us move it to the next generation of tools. You'll work with engineering leaders at the company, participate in design and architectural discussions, and help keep the fires burning bright. You will also work with external vendors (some of the biggest names in the places business, including Apple, Yext, Google and Foursquare).
- Work closely with our engineering, product and design teams to refine features
- Be responsible for code quality, providing actionable feedback to other developers
- Participate in design and architecture development of new features
- Perform day to day monitoring of our data pipeline health
- Perform fixes and deployments as necessary
- Assist with code & infrastructure migrations
- Insure the pipeline aligns with business needs and the larger organization infrastructure.
- Work with product managers and other business units to identify and remove deprecated processes
- Work on enhancements that further automate the data pipeline
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, OO and Functional Design
- Rock-solid programming skills
- 2+ years of software development experience with Java and Java build tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get things done"