This position is responsible for participation in all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements gathering, specifications, design, development, testing, deployment, operations, and maintenance for software projects at Convey in cooperation with technical guidance from Software Architects. The Software Engineer will help maintain all client configurations of the software in concert with government regulations, guidance and client business specifications. The Software Engineer is expected to keep abreast of industry developments by maintaining a working understanding of healthcare industry operations and compliance requirements. This position is based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, but may allow partial or full remote work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead in program design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation under general supervision and requiring minimal oversight,
- Understand and follow software development process and software development life cycle, including industry best practices.
- Instruct, direct, and validate other software developers' work; mentor and guide other junior team members as needed
- Provides management with task breakdown, effort estimates and dependencies for areas assigned in projects.
- Provide management with status reports regularly and escalate risks timely so that the project schedule can be properly maintained.
- Support production systems, analyze and solve problems, and configure systems within the computing environment
- Investigate and resolve production issues in a timely manner while observing service-level parameters
- Introduces new approaches and innovation in software design and implementation
- Strong leadership & communication skills to gain credibility within business leaders and IT teams
- Team player who contributes to success of the department and company.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations affecting Company.
- Responsible for participating in quality assurance, compliance and in-service and continuing education activities as requested by Company.
- Responsible for performing other duties and responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience -- Required education, training, licenses, accreditation or certification and number of years and type of directly related experience. If applicable, please identify if an alternate "equivalency" of a combination of education and experience is sufficient.
Degree Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or information technology.
Preferred major/area of study In depth understanding of web application development, and relational database concepts and programming
Number of years of supervisory/management experience (if any) ____________________
Number of years of experience ___3+ years__
Type of experience -- Requires ......
- Strong back-end programming skills and experience
- Experience overseeing and mentoring junior development staff
- Proven ability to provide technical insight to business needs
- Windows/Linux Systems Administration experience a plus
- Project management and/or consulting experience a plus
- Strong problem solving ability and a customer-centric focus
- Be team focused with an attitude of group achievement as the primary goal
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a virtual office and virtual teaming experience
- Effective collaboration skills and experience
- Adept in working across a heavily matrixed organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Health care experience a plus.