As a Content Platform engineer, you’ll build out our integrations with our various systems such as our headless CMS and TMS, help build our performant rendering stack, tailor our CI, and design and build self-serve tooling components. Your work will directly contribute to the serving of pages like stripe.com/billing and stripe.com/connect, and the frameworks you help build will be used by non-technical partners to allow them to build pages like stripe.com/checkout that are high quality and error-free by default.
You’ll architect your work with rendering performance and scalability in mind, and implement abstractions that other engineers consume and build upon. At other times you’ll work closely with folks in our partner Experiences group to scope and implement infrastructure and tooling that helps other people build pages using your code.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A zeal for the web as a storytelling medium, demonstrable through a portfolio of high-profile and/or high-traffic websites where you have worked to separate content from layout using techniques like content management or static site builders.
- 4+ years of relevant web full-stack or SSR development for marketing websites at a tech-forward, product-driven company
- A demonstrable ability to communicate your software architecture designs using documentation and crisp visualization
- Experience building public facing websites that work elegantly across commonly used browsers
- Help shape our content infrastructure to support Stripe.com and other Stripe properties
- Write code that wires together our TMS, front-end components and content with scale and performance in mind
- Occasionally help other engineers on the team architect and implement the tools and infrastructure which powers Stripe’s go-to-market plans
- [If a remote candidate] Have prior experience as a remote member of a distributed team