Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus' Consumer Team is looking for a Software Engineer to help our users find the car they're looking for as efficiently as possible. See your solutions impact millions of global users on a daily basis as you tackle challenges such as:
- Improve search experience and performance for millions of users across millions of cars globally
- Make the car shopping experience enjoyable and more transparent
- Help users discover the right car for them
- Enable new ways of buying cars, such as buying online and having your car delivered
- Build out platforms to enable us to iterate faster and respond to our consumers quicker
- Launch and grow new markets, we're already in US, Canada, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain with more countries to come
What You'll Do:
- Work in a cross-functional team with data analysts, product managers, and of course other engineers.
- Participate in whiteboard sessions and design conversations on engineering the best solution to the challenges at hand.
- Test out new ideas with novel and quick experiments.
- Write clean, well-tested, and efficient code.
- Iterate rapidly and deploy changes daily.
- Collaborate with and be mentored by seasoned engineers.
- Have fun!
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Working knowledge of MySQL or similar relational database
- Some experience with building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large-scale applications preferred
- Drawn to and thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills