This role is cross-functional and dynamic; engineers will design and build new network-centric features and integration paths atop Converged Infrastructure, vSphere, OpenStack, Big Data and other mission-critical application hosting platforms.
Plexxi engineers enjoy solving problems in a team environment engaged in cloud-centric product development and research, challenging computer science topics while building lasting, relevant value for customers.
Note that we are looking for a mix of technology experience; successful candidates need not have exposure to 100% of the technologies listed. Strong candidates will have a willingness to learn new platforms and gain depth in those they already work with.
- 0-5 years software development experience
- 1+ yearexperience developing with Python and/or Erlang in a professional or college environment
- Experience building Python web services with REST APIs (knowledge of related RFCs is a plus)
- Experience interfacing with virtualization environments such as VMware vSphere, OpenStack, Xen and Hyper-V
- Experience interfacing with Linux container environments such as Docker, Red Hat OpenShift, and Kubernetes
- Experience interfacing with network switch or controller APIs such as VMware/NSX/Nicira, Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Brocade
- Experience interfacing with storage controller APIs such as Simplivity, Netapp, Nutanix, Oracle ZFS, and Dell EMC
- Experience working with different IT lifecycle environments (DevOps, Integration, Production)
- Experience maintaining/contributing to open source projects and/or forks
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, and IFTTT (hands-on StackStorm experience is a plus)
- Experience practicing Agile, Scrum, and Test-Driven development
- Open to Learn Erlang
Job ID 1027676