The Boeing Company is currently seeking an experienced, real-time software engineer (Level 3) to join the Boeing Avionics team in St. Louis, MO. In this role, you will work on the Boeing Computing Platform Software team, to implement all aspects of the computing platform, including software, processes and tools.
The Boeing Computing Platform is an open system architecture (OSA) and enterprise product line approach to mission critical, secure core computing for real-time embedded, SWAP constrained (size, weight and power) avionics environments and key enabler for mission systems solutions in all future commercial and defense platforms.
To be successful here, you should:
- Be experienced with the full software engineering lifecycle, including: requirements, analysis, design, implementation, integration and testing
- Have experience in agile software development, principles and values.
- Be highly motivated and exhibit strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Have the ability to lead, work independently, and effectively with internal and external customers, subcontractors and suppliers in highly diverse, integrated product team environments.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Ability to obtain US Secret Security Clearance (post-start).
- Bachelor Degree (or higher) education.
- 3+ years of experience in Software Engineering
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Agile Software Development and Engineering Life Cycle
- Real-Time Embedded Computing, including Infrastructure Software, Cyber Security, Multi-Level Security (MLS), Middleware, Data Distribution Services (DDS), Board Support Packages and Device Drivers
- Security Components, Ethernet Networks, General Purpose Processors, External IO, Solid State Storage Devices, Video and Graphics Processing
- Open Standards and APIs (such as POSIX, FACE and OMS)
- Real-Time Operating Systems (such as VxWorks, Linux, MILS and Embedded Windows)
- Multiple Programming Languages (such as C++, C, C#, Java, Ada, Perl, Python)
Typical Education and Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.