Elastic Build Infrastructure:
- EC2, S3, SQS, RDS, ECS, ECR
- Ruby on Rails
- You are passionate about building the absolute best developer tools on the market
- You like to take ownership of architecture and system design, and feel responsible for its performance in production (you build it, you run it)
- You will obsess over the performance of Codeship’s build infrastructure and systems
- You have experience building complex applications with modern best practices (e.g. test driven development, continuous delivery, code reviews, ...).
- You’re an expert in cloud systems, and have depth and breadth in your expertise of platforms like AWS and Docker. You’re willing to learn, and are excited about future opportunities to work with e.g. streaming platforms like Kafka.
- You understand the benefits and pitfalls of elastic infrastructure and can help our build system respond to demand to run over 1,000,000 builds per month.
- You understand the principles of software craftsmanship. You write clean code, even when working on extremely hard problems under deadline pressure. You test everything.
- You’re comfortable being on call, and can work on hard problems even under pressure.
- You thrive working on the bleeding edge and can learn new technologies independently
- You enjoy working with other senior engineers, collaborating on architecture and technology decisions in a direct and constructive way.
- You care about getting it right, not being right. You like working in a team with a strong feedback culture who push each other to improve.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Deep knowledge of software engineering principles: system design, cloud infrastructure, reliability engineering
- Passion for building high-performing and fully automated systems
- Comfortable in a culture of fast iteration
- Attracted to complex problems
- Experience working as part of a team on a large and growing application and codebase.
- Desire to work with a diverse and geographically distributed team