Splunk is looking for highly motivated new grads or early in career talent to join our team. You will work on real projects that go to market. You will also have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment. You will get invaluable work experience at a leader in “Big Data”, the hottest software market now, and you will have the opportunity to focus on full-stack, backend or front-end technologies.
You will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, receive mentorship, and gain insight into our values-driven process. Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
As a Software Engineeryou will be responsible for …
Building innovative solutions that enable rapid development. You will get to work with a super smart bunch of folks who are doing state of the art development work (native mobile, front-end and back-end, DevOps) in areas of machine learning, data analytics, infrastructure and event correlations across silos to build best-in-class business analytics software. You will be interacting with product management and customers to understand detailed requirements. You will also work with other engineering teams across Splunk to design and build high-performance solutions.
- You will design, develop, code and test software systems, or applications for software improvements and new products
- You'll actively contribute through participation in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems
- Your voice will have an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementation
Possess knowledge of software engineering processes, agile framework, tools (e.g.: programming proficiency in a language, preferably Go, C++, Java, Python, etc), methods, test development, algorithms and data structure.
- 2+ years of experience with a BS; or equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and - -- UNIX/Linux environments
- Familiarity with REST API and microservices is a plus
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts is a plus
- Familiarity with tools and technologies like Git, Jenkins, Gitlab, AWS, Docker, GCP is a plus
- You enjoy working well with others in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy working within an agile environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- You bring enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
What We Offer You
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment