We are looking to hire passionate, creative and curious software engineers with the ability to solve complex problems. This role will help drive the development of serverless production applications and tools for our customers, including new development and the modernization of existing applications. You will work as part of a strategic team assembled specifically to develop cloud native applications for some of the world’s largest companies. #onica
What you'll be doing
- Create well-designed, documented, and tested software features that meet customer requirements.
- Identify and address product bugs, deficiencies, and performance bottlenecks.
- Participate in an agile delivery team, helping to ensure the technical quality of the features delivered across the team, including documentation, testing strategies, and code.
- Help determine technical feasibility and solutions for business requirements.
- Remain up-to-date on emerging technologies and architecture and propose ways to use them in current and upcoming projects.
- Leverage technical knowledge to cut scope while maintaining or achieving the overall goals of the product.
- Leverage technical knowledge to improve the quality and efficiency of product applications and tools.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Java or C# in a professional environment required.
- Experience with Spring Framework and Hibernate or other ORM tools
- Experience with relational databases, including designing complex schemas and queries required.
- Experience developing within distributed systems or a microservice based architecture required.
- Familiarity with AWS technologies (EC2, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for documenting workflows, tools, or complex areas of a codebase.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and multi-task efficiently.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Participates in the development community (speaker at events, meetup organizer, blogging, or contributor to open-source software projects).
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.