Splunk is the leader in Enterprise Security and has the only purpose-built Security Automation & Orchestration (SOAR) platform. We are the first company to provide an open community for sharing playbooks, apps and new technologies. It makes security smarter, faster, and stronger, and we are used by everyone in the Fortune 100.
We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion in cloud and who understand the data challenges that come with security. Come join our team that’s building the next generation Cloud SOAR Platform.
The Cloud SOAR team is looking for a Senior Engineer to lead, design and build the next generation of our large-scale Cloud offering. In this role you will be responsible for strategizing and building our deployment frameworks that scales to thousands of customers, while incorporating industry best practices for improving processes and tooling.
What you provide
- You have 7+ years of experience building Cloud products
- You have experience building, scaling, deploying, operationalizing and maintaining back-end microservices
- You have experience with at least one Cloud provider: AWS/GCP/Azure
- You have worked extensively with Kubernetes and Docker
- You understand CI/CD, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, security practices, performance, and disaster recovery.
- You’re proficient with Python or Go Programming language
- You have experience with Aurora PostgresSQL or other similar databases.
- You have a solid grasp of data structures, algorithms and RESTful APIs
- You’re proficient at collecting robust metrics, data and monitoring information from our services which help identify issues before customers report them
- You’re capable in handling a product outage and determining the root cause of incidents.
- You can lead and drive projects from inception to completion with minimal direction
- You know the best practices to improvement quality of deployments and can help identify ways to improve the team's productivity and efficiency by expanding on our existing tools and processes.
- Experience with Static code analysis tools is a plus.
What we provide
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn that will challenge and excite you. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally driven and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment.