VMware's vRealize Automation (vRA) team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for the design and development of the next generation of VMware's multi-cloud management product. vRA engineers work with a broad range of state-of-the-art technologies, programming languages and open-source frameworks to build VMware's best-in-class products for the cloud.
In this role you will:
- Design and develop features for VMware’s multi-cloud management products.
- Build micro-services for distributed applications and develop a keen understanding of cloud architectures.
- Be a part of and contribute to development of a SaaS cloud management solution that works across any cloud and any application.
- Work with architects and other senior technical leads, in the development of software components.
- Work closely with other team members in a geographically dispersed team using Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrate commitment to product quality and improving customer experience.
- Bring your cloud/SaaS experience to drive a culture of creativity and excellence through technical innovations and attention to quality and professionalism.
What you Bring:
- 4 plus years of experience developing scalable and load intensive SaaS and cloud applications.
- Deep understanding of cloud architectures and micro-services
- Excellent programming skills in Java
- Experience in writing Unit, Integration and Automation tests for features under development.
- Experience working in a continuous integration-development (CI-CD) model.
- Hands-on experience in working with Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Experience with vSphere API
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team
- Prior experience working with Agile methodologies