Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
The charter of the Closed Loop Analytics team is to make data actionable. This involves the integration of data and/or interventions directly back to workflow tools like the electronic health record.Integration capabilities with EHR’s have advanced significantly. Besides the continued maturity of health information standards such as HL7 and FHIR, many EHR’s have deployed more robust API’s that allow more real-time data as well as integration capabilities that allow triggering workflow actions such as orders or lab results to occur within the EHR. Software engineers on the Closed Loop Analytics team will be responsible for developing platform features and tools that allow integration of Health Catalyst applications and content into and with the Electronic Health Record. This will include things like developing a framework for easier embedding of content into EHR’s as well as creating platform API’s that allow standardized ways to complete interventions across EHR’s leveraging things like the FHIR standard.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Engineering – conversion of proof of concept apps into a standalone web app or integrate functionality into another existing application. Manage releases and updates to existing software/packages in conjunction with the Health Catalyst platform release team.
- Strategy – development of strategy for integration of data science offerings across products within Health Catalyst that have different technical standards/frameworks
- Influence – ability to influence the design and implementation across several product, infrastructure, and service teams…and the ability to work with many key stakeholders
- Adaptability/Flexibility – ability to be flexible and adaptable to occasional shifts in priorities.
- Healthcare Information Technology
- Working knowledge of FHIR.
- Familiarity with build and infrastructure for EHR’s such as Epic, Cerner, Meditech or Allscripts.
- Familiarity with usage of API’s preferably as deployed within EHR’s like Epic, Cerner, Meditech, or Allscripts.
- Familiarity with standard interface languages such as HL7
- Commercial Software Development Experience
- Working knowledge of source code management systems (Git, TFS, SVN, etc.)
- Working knowledge of modern integrated development environments (IDEs like Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.)
- DevOps experience (configuring build/deployment)
- Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Programming Skills
- Is comfortable with asynchronous programming
- Is curious and capable of learning new languages rapidly
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with automated testing
- Unit, integration, functional tests
- Soft Skills & Important Traits
- Communication skills - Articulate speaker
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Passionate about the application of technology to solve real world problems
- Data warehousing experience
- Relational databases (SQL, Oracle, MySQL)
- Natural language processing (NLP) pipeline construction
- NoSQL database technologies (ElasticSearch)
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Business Intelligence experience
- Application Security
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA or MS in computer science, information systems, or relevant experience in an enterprise software development role.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience building commercial enterprise software
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.