We are looking for a promising software engineer who is excited to join a fast-growing startup. The ideal candidate will have a strong computer science background and a proven track record of development on scalable, reliable products that deliver real value to users. Being mission-driven and focused on problem-solving is more valued than knowing a specific language or tech stack.
As part of the Engineering team, you will:
- Develop web-based applications used to underwrite loans and provide functionality to support and inform students and school officials using the MEAN and MERN stacks.
- Build creative and technically robust solutions to the product challenges we face.
- Participate in - and drive - architectural decisions concerning the software and how it will be moved from design process to incremental releases.
- Build and maintain strategies to automate performance, regression, and unit testing of the software.
- Collaborate intimately with internal teams and knowledge-share with fellow engineers. We expect you to contribute and make us all better!
Your Background and Skills:
- A proven track record of leading development on scalable, reliable products that deliver real value to users
- Experience as a software developer to build products for web and backend
- Familiarity with database, MVC, and asynchronous programming techniques
- Preferably a BS or BE degree in Computer Science or other engineering program with a strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of the software
- Excited to learn and understand business objectives, and help ensure that our products deliver value to students and schools
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and fluid small-team environment at a growing company
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional, detail-oriented, and energetic personality
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive compensation package including bonus & equity
- Health benefits including dental, vision, and covered insurance premiums
- Flexible vacation/remote working policies and happy hours
- Sponsorship for professional development and training programs
- Collaborative, dynamic, balanced, and fun team environment
- General sense of well-being and excitement