Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- Typical job functions include participation on collaborative, cross-discipline integrated product teams, employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate complex application software products (planning services and real time decision aids/services) which our customers use to manage, and control assets in the field.
- As part of the software team you will be responsible for a portion of the software product, contributing as a software team member, and possibly directing a small software team (1-2 others).
- Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from requirements analysis, through architecture and design, implementation, integration and test, and off site customer and supplier integration and test activities.
- Software development experience with C/C++ (primary) and JAVA (secondary).
- Familiarity with Visual Studio and Eclipse IDE.
- Experience developing software to perform command and control, distributed battle management, information fusion/situation awareness, or sensor management.
- Experience with porting advanced algorithms (including Python or MATLAB-based models) to software applications.
- Experience working withmiddleware-centric software, using messaging middleware such as RTI DDS or Apache ActiveMQ.
- Occasional travelrequired.
- Clearance required to start.