Ciena is the world leader of high-speed optical communication systems. Ciena's team in Québec city develops the optical components that are essential to these systems. We are in growth phase and we are looking for exceptional people willing to engage into the development of the next generation of high speed photonic components. We are looking for team players who want to innovate and excel in their field.
The software engineer will join the Test & Measurement team where he will play an essential role into the development of test stations used during design, validation and production of high-speed photonic components.
The successful candidate will work in our office located in Quebec City and will have the following responsibilities:
- Design of the organic architecture of software solution;
- Develop user interfaces, control of test equipment, automation, data acquisition and analysis;
- Develop, test and deploy software of test stations used in R&D and Production environment for testing of high-speed photonic components;
- Work in close collaboration with test and measurement engineers to understand needs and define optimum solutions;
- Participate to define and implement best practices in software development: code review, documentation, reuse, tests.
- BSc Degree or equivalent in engineering or computer science;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development in a scientific or manufacturing environment;
- Excellent knowledge of one or many of the following languages: C#, Python, Matlab;
- Demonstrated experience of object oriented programming;
- Experience in one or many of the following field is an asset: control of instruments, automation, database, data analysis;
- Ability to work and communicate in French and English is required.
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Full-Time/Regular Salary 0.00 - 0.00 CAD
Tracking Code R006239