As a Software Engineer, you will create industry-leading technology that impacts patient care and/or Cerner business around the globe. You will understand user needs, provide input to design, develop applications, write automated tests, and work directly with clients. The work is dynamic.
You may be developing tools that reduce medical errors, better manage disease, save lives and reduce wasteful spending. Or you may work alongside Cerner business teams to develop ways to improve efficiency and productivity. We are looking for dedicated individuals with experience in a variety of languages and platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering
- Non-academic work experience, developing code using object-oriented languages within the last 12months
- Experience as a leader or active member with consistent attendance and involvement in a technical club or association
- Live in or willing to relocate to the Columbia, Missouri area
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform otherresponsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.