CashStar (owned by Blackhawk Network) is changing the world of gifting by making it possible to send a personalized eGift Card from any device, anywhere, anytime, with the best experience possible. More than 400 brands partner with us including Uber, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Apple,
Delta, Best Buy, and The Home Depot. That makes CashStar the preferred digital gifting and incentives partner for retailers nationwide.
The professionals we hire thrive on an entrepreneurial spirit and an earnest desire to change the way the world works. CashStar employees are passionate about emerging tech, and we bring that passion to work every day. We embrace change, foster ambition and individual success, and recognize excellence. We believe in our products, and we L.O.V.E. our culture.
Why work with us?
- We're a fun-loving, passionate, and highly collaborative team
- We believe in moving quickly, failing fast, and adapting to change
- We're committed to achieving technical excellence in everything we do
- We value teamwork, learning from failure, and innovation
Why we'd want to work with you:
- You are passionate about creating world-class software
- You have experience working as part of agile teams and are familiar with Scrum and Kanban
- You think positively, focus on solutions, and find opportunities instead of problems
- You have superb technical skills, but you're always striving to improve
- You are willing to work quickly, get in the weeds, and not rest until the job is done
This position is in our Pittsburgh, PA location.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including design, development, testing, and deployment in an Agile software development environment
- Collaborate with other teams and conduct new technology research for product development and recommend product enhancements
- Actively participate in code reviews, analyze results and choose the best solution
- Manage deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Continuously focus on improving the software quality and performance
- Participate in Information Security analysis and remediation
- Troubleshoot customer issues and communicate effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-3 years hands-on experience with object oriented and functional software engineering.
- Interest in working in a Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment
- Interest in designing and building REST services and a familiarity with Microservice architectures
- Interest in relational database design and SQL
- Interest in working with web user interface technologies
- Interest in working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new coding languages and develop creatively
Our technology stack:
Web Frameworks: Django, NodeJS, uWSGI, NGINX
Front-end Libraries: React with Redux, BackboneJS, HTML, CSS
Software Applications and IDE: Atlassian JIRA, Bitbucket, GitHub, IntelliJ/PyCharm, RabbitMQ, Jenkins
Analytics and Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Sentry, Grafana, New Relic
Database: MySQL, Redis
OS: OSX local, Ubuntu server side
CashStar offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Both the job title and compensation package are commensurate with experience.