At CAS, a division of the American Chemical Society, we are scientists, technologists and business leaders who continuously and passionately pursue new knowledge in our quest to fuel scientific discovery and empower innovation.
Dedicated to the ACS vision of improving people’s lives through the transforming power of chemistry, the CAS team of highly trained scientists finds, collects and organizes all publicly disclosed substance information, creating the world’s most reliable collection of content that is vital to innovation worldwide. CAS provides a suite of solutions relied on by researchers, patent professionals and decision-makers around the world that advance the scientific enterprise by enabling discovery and facilitating workflows.
CAS is currently seeking a Software Engineer. This position will be located in our headquarters in Columbus, Ohio.
4-yeardegree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent experience
- Effective in testing, debugging and optimizing code
- Pair Programming - Need to have experience or be willing to pair with others when it makes sense.
- Clear Communication - Must be comfortable and eager discussing work items in team settings.
- Passion for Development – Actively learns on the job and outside of work. We are a team of developers that constantly seek to improve our craft and we expect to work with the same.
- Cross Functional Skill Development – willing to learn new skills and roles to meet the needs of their team.
- Help an Agile team to develop software applications and systems, creating or enhancing CAS products.
- Collaborate with your teammates and product owners to groom backlogs of epics and stories for upcoming development sprints.
- Push the limits of strong software engineering by helping to drive automated software testing, advanced change control, and continuous delivery.
- Connect across the organization to build influential working relationships, preparing your career for tomorrow.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends through individual and team training opportunities.
Technology and Tool Stack:
CAS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including a generous vacation plan, medical, dental, vision insurance plans, and employee savings and retirement plans. Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future. EEO/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran