Our company is built on the idea that when diverse fields of study come together, we are able to solve challenging problems. We have grand dreams to build technology that will influence industries around the world. You will be joining a diverse team with a dynamic culture, where team success is as important as celebrating individual contributions.
At Carbon, we build and test all software from the ground up, from firmware to rich browser-based UIs to multiphysics simulations to algorithmic part design. All of our printers are internet-connected, and we’re building out a rich set of server-side capabilities to extend printer functionality and help manage our growing fleet.
For this role, we're looking for extremely strong "generalists" who have built complex, high-performance systems and are comfortable up and down the Linux stack. Sample projects could include: precision control of high-performancedigital projectors;security and encryptionarchitectures; and algorithms to analyze and process large 3D models. Proficiency with C++ is a must.
- Able to write large software components from scratch
- Design and implement novel data structures and algorithms to solve hard problems in a distributed compute setting
- 5+ years of experience in the design, development and deployment of highly reliable software systems
- Be comfortable working on *nix systems, with C/C++ and scriptinglanguages
- Able to effectively optimize code paths across many software components
- Champion and help implement software engineering best practices like continuous builds, tests etc.
- BS or MSdegree in Computer Science or equivalent