At Cadence, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to make an impact on the world of technology.
The Position Description is…
The candidate will work in the xcelium system Verilog compiler and front end. The job consists of writing code to specifications, defining and executing testing plans, debugging software defects reported by customers and creating solutions for technical issues and new requirements.
Expectations and Tasks:
• Primary development responsibility for all software development life cycle phases of our xcelium System Verilog front end.
• Good understanding of sound software engineering principles.
• Good habits for writing technical specifications, design specifications and documenting code.
• Understanding of the importance and rigorous application of coding standards.
Education and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies:
• Minimum of B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 2 years of experience in the software industry, or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent and 1 year of experience or PhD + 0 year of experience
• Excellent C++ design and programming skills
• Knowledge of Compiler technology and parsing techniques
• Formal training and on-the job application of object-oriented design and programming
• Solid understanding and application of algorithms, complex data structures and design patterns
• Proficiency in debugging and refactoring techniques, optimization strategies, unit test framework design/construction/usage, profiling tools, static analysis tools, code coverage or memory checker tools (valgrind, purify…)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Verilog or SystemVerilog Hardware Description Languages is a plus
• Familiarity with Agile development processes is a plus
• Familiarity with Linux/UNIX tools
• Familiarity with configuration management systems such as git or perforce