Splunk is building a fast paced team and looking to hire top engineering talent with exceptional expertise with Unix operating systems and C/C++ programming languages.
The candidate must have strong engineering discipline and an exceptional understanding of design patterns and multi-threaded high performance application architectures.
- Design and implement highly scalable solutions and architectures using the most appropriate design patterns.
- Follow and use best Object Oriented design principles for a maintainable and extensible set of components.
- Implement modular and testable code: cleanly, efficiently, and with full unit testing capabilities.
- Implement modern algorithms for efficient computing tasks.
- Effectively interact with software development, QA, and release teams.
- 3+ years' experience in C/C++ and Python
- Solid understanding of OS principles (especially Unix) and multi-threaded applications
- Solid understanding of RDBMS, Postgres and SQL
- Solid understanding of the development cycle of any software based product
- Solid understanding of network layers and network security fundamentals
- B.S. in Computer science, and/or related work experience.
- Experience with security technologies
- Experience developing clustered systems
- Experience with security infrastructure equipment or software, SIEM, IPS, UTMs, etc.
- Experience in any scripting language (Shell, Tcl/Expect, etc)
- Knowledge of network architecture design patterns