From the cloud to the desktop, Cerner Software Engineers develop and deploy technologies that save lives and improve the health of communities.
As a Software Engineer, you will create industry-leading technology that impacts patient care and/or Cerner business around the globe.
You are responsible for writing code to meet user interface specifications and are instrumental in the development and support of Cerner's leading edge clinical and management information systems.
Your responsibilities also include defining user needs, providing input to functional design, testing, and troubleshooting. Projects can range from functionality enhancements for one user to broad solutions that transform and optimize the operations of an entire department.
- Relocation to the Kansas City, MO area
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM-related field from an accredited institution or equivalent, relevant work experience.
- Proficient programming knowledge
- 2+ years of working Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/15/17
- 2+ years of working Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/14/16
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design skills.
- 2+ years of working Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience using version controls such as GitHub, SVN or TFS
- Experience building scalable applications using fundamental design principles.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Octopus
- Good to have knowledge with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Automated Testing
- Experience in RESTful and SOAP-based web services
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Good communication skills; written and verbal.
- Ability to work overtime and irregular hours when needed.
- Ability to learn and apply new technical skills and concepts quickly.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.