We are looking for ????Software Engineer ?- C Programming for our client in Beverly, MA
Job Title: ????Software Engineer ?- C Programming
Job Location: Beverly, MA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Software Engineer to develop new features and support existing software functionality for control of Axcelis Ion Implanters used in the Semiconductor process.
- Keys to success will be flexibility to work on different subsystems and the ability to understand the equipment and how it is used by customers in a demanding manufacturing environment.
- The Software Engineer will architect, design, and develop software for existing products and support existing software functionality in use by customers.
- This includes documentation, development and defining test procedures for the Software Quality department.
- Ability to support customers by both direct contact and through the Customer Support group.
- Support manufacturing when necessary to identify and address software issues affecting shipment of new products.
- Develop software solutions in C programming language to meet requirements of new features while ensuring the maintainability of the software code.
- Work closely with Product Team including software & hardware engineers, process engineers and marketing to develop requirements for new software features.
- Document software design to meet the requirements and hold design reviews as needed
- Estimate efforts in terms of time and resources required for development tasks.
- Provide input to Product Support queries as needed to help promptly resolve customer issues in the field
- Verify software functionality on simulators and Ion Implanter equipment to ensure requirements are met prior to SQA performing verification. Document test procedures and provide guidance to SQA / SW test engineers when needed
- Provide concise documentation for Release Notes to clearly describe new features and details of all software changes
- Communicate technical details to co-workers, customers, and management clearly and concisely
- Software controls development experience for Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment
- Strong C Language skills
- Clearcase for Unix
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in Clean Room environment.
- Knowledge of Unix Shell scripting an Perl scripting is a plus
- Knowledge of Solaris 5,10, 5.11 and Solaris LDOM VMs is a plus
- Knowledge of basic networking is a plus
- Understanding of SECS/GEM/300mm SEMI Standards is a plus