SOFTWARE ENGINEER (C++), SHARED GAME ENGINE - CLIENTBattle.net•IrvineApply Now
How would it feel to have your code running at the beating heart of every Blizzard game? You would be a part of a new team, responsible for making shared technology that’s used across the organization. From scratch, we will be partnering with the various game teams to produce an engine that enables Blizzard to make games better and faster.
The Software Engineer position on this team will be a key player in this effort. We are looking for experienced programmers who are interested in developing code that will see extensive use. In doing so, we will solve challenges at incredible scale. You will need tofigure out how to make something that works in a wide variety of game formats, and be comfortable in unfamiliar territory.
We are super excited to see these efforts growing and moving forward. This new team is already making an enormous impact to the organization, so if being a part of this sounds exciting to you, drop us a line!
- Collaborate with game teams and fellow team members to develop a cross-platform game engine, asset pipeline, and tools
- Maintain systems for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Support, improve, and standardize build/bake pipelines
- Directly support customers with their software/integration needs
- Identify and resolve workflow issues - discover opportunities for improvement
- Advanced understanding of C and C++
- Experience working with different build systems (MSBuild, gcc/make, xcode, …)
- Experience working in cross-platform environments (Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, …)
- Experience with scripting languages (Lua, Python, …)
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Committed to code quality, documentation, and testing
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multipleprojects simultaneously
- Able to communicate with non-technical users
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience shipping and supporting multiple software products