We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Software Engineer focused on Build, you bring all the skills of an experienced software engineer and apply them to the creation of the final product that goes out to our players. With your understanding of all the complexities involved in tying together content and code you create automated and reliable solutions that are used continuously by the entire development team. You understand the product's vision and technical requirements and interact with each contributor to help them bring the game to life.
You will be your own guide, identifying priorities and architecting solutions, and you will be working on a cross-functional team with other humble but highly skilled individuals.
- Have a minimum three years experience working on the build and deployment system of a large scale software development project, preferably with experience with standard build software such as Jenkins.
- Are able to define scalable infrastructure using code as configuration with technologies such as Packer, Docker and Terraform.
- Have professional working experience with C++ as well as working familiarity with the game asset pipeline.
- Have a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience as well as at least 4 years experience working as a professional Software Engineer.
- Learn how to work with a variety of industry build related tools and programming and scriptinglanguages, then sharing that knowledge with the rest of your team. We don't want to reinvent the wheel - just make it better.
- Create tools and systems for continuous integration and build delivery so that engineers and designers have reliable ways to test their changes and be sure that existing game play is never compromised.
- Provide the tools necessary to quickly inform developers and content creators of the impacts of their change to the build.
- Work with distributed computing systems - local, in remote data centers, or in the cloud.