- Job ID 2005 Category Information Technology
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a growing company that is innovative, cutting edge, and mission centered? Buchanan & Edwards has a Department of Justice contract in Crystal City, VA on which we provide system development and full spectrum IT support services.
Work closely with team members using Business Rules and User Stories as a basis: design, develop, and implement a case management system. Will work in two different environments to include:
Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server and Git, Angular 4, C#, ASP.Net Core 2 Framework, and SQL Server 2016.
Activites will include:
· Participate in Agile Scrum SDLC activities.
· Participate in new tool evaluations for introducing new tools into the technology stack such ElasticSearch and NoSQL databases and more. And steering the system into an AWS and container environment.
· Work in a team environment with other developers developing new and enhanced Web-based applications.
· Support developing Agile SDLC phase documentation.
· Perform unit and integration testing of software/systems prior to release to the users for user acceptance testing.
- Flexibility with working in either Chantilly, VA or in Washington, DC
- 5-10 years of experience designing, debugging, troubleshooting, and testing web applications; experience in ASP.NET version 4.0 and above preferable
- Development experience in a genera object-oriented language; C# preferable
- Experience with model-view-controller (MVC) frameworks such as ASP.NET or Angular 2
- Experience developing and maintaining web services; experience with REST-based APIs preferable
- Experience developing and maintaining data in relational databases; Knowledge of PL/SQL and Oracle 12c preferable
- Experience deploying web application in a production environment using Internet Information Services (IIS 7.5+)
- Basic experience working with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and above
- AWS development experience
- Demonstrate ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent teamwork
This position requires the candidate to already have a current Top Secret security clearance and to maintain the clearance.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 and 2016 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5000 awardee for six consecutive years.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal Opportunity Employer –Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Buchanan & Edwards is an E-Verify employer.