The Software Developer will develop computer software applications in a variety of coding languages such as C#, Java Script, HTML, SQL and others.
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages.
- Creates and modifies computer programs based on project specifications.
- Collaborates with department heads, managers, and other stakeholders to fully understand the tasks that must be accomplished by the software requested.
- Designs, or assists with design of, graphical user interface (GUI) as needed.
- Collaborates with systems analyst to obtain and analyze project specifications and flow charts.
- Develops a flow chart of data input and potential problems that could emerge in a given environment; creates contingencies within the program for these possibilities, including error messages or alternate data flows.
- Tests programs; coordinates and observes beta testing of new or updated programs.
- Debugs or corrects any issues discovered during unit and QA testing.
- Issues stable release.
- Analyzes, reviews, and revises programs as needed to increase operating efficiency or adapt program to new requirements.
- Develops and maintains documentation of program development and revisions.
- Provides training to end users.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Thorough understanding of computer programming languages, which may include C#, Java Script, Python, HTML, and others.
- Thorough understanding of databases systems such as SQL or MongoDB with ability to create SQL queries, stored procedures, views and SSIS packages.
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC).
- Knowledge of at least one of the .NET languages (e.g. C#, Visual Basic .NET) and HTML5/CSS3).
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs and service technologies (REST, RPC, JSON).
- Able to work well in a team setting.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to predict potential user and software issues.
- Ability to create complex code.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree - B.A. / B.S., Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other engineering discipline preferred. Five to seven years of experience in working with organizations websites, digital media projects and or back-end systems. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Experience in working in insurance industry a plus.
- Proven success working on large, complex projects with limited supervision.
- Experience evaluating and implementing new technology solutions.
- Experience working remotely with teams across different time zones a plus.
Special Working Conditions:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.