Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company). We are seeking candidates for a Software Engineer. This highly visible position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing, sales, and service center facilities around the world Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, petro-chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
The Software Engineer will design, develop and implement software applications related to manufacturing flow and pressure instruments for both sustaining and new product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with manufacturing and service organizations to implement and validate advance calibration processes into production.
- Develop and/or interpret equipment specifications, complex drawings, schematics, and machine control software.
- Develop and support custom software using text based languages and/or Labview.
- Oversee outside contractors in developing software and calibration equipment built to Brooks Instrument specifications.
- Provide support to global service centers and factories in troubleshooting and resolving calibration software and system problems.
- Support Company continuous improvement initiatives, particularly as related to product quality.
- Develop/ support software used in manufacturing and calibration.
- Develop calibration equipment and processes for flow control devices.
- Assign technical personnel to tasks; follows up on tasks.
- Calibration process requirements gathering.
- Design verification testing of new equipment.
- Implement and validate new equipment at global manufacturing sites and service centers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to create new production and processes through analysis of manufacturing operations.
- Ability to use MS software tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Project.
- Programming ability in multiple text based languages. C+, C Sharp, VB, Dot.Net, Labview.
- Ability to use basic electronics and optical laboratory equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electronics schematics.
- Ability to get along with others in a team environment.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures.
Education and Experience
- BS in EE or CS and 4+years experience in production equipment design required.
- Related experience or training in the following areas is desired: industrial instrumentation, metrology, calibration.
- Understanding of process control instrumentation.
- Understanding of the following engineering methods: process mapping, process variation, root cause analysis and measurement uncertainty analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills required.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70+ years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Requisition Number: ERDSE3-10-2017-1