Job Profile Summary
Responsible for supporting software / platform engineering activities (depending on specialism), working with users to capture requirements, using basic technical capabilities to design, develop and maintain the relevant systems and ensuring compliance with the relevant standards. Specialisms: Software Engineering; Platform Engineering.
- Working alone or part of a team, to develop custom full stack software solutions as required
- Gather, collate and analyze requirements for solutions
- Produce high level designs and low-level software solution architectures
- Capability to develop complex UI solutions with UX strategy and understanding
- Maintaining source code repository for custom applications
- Collaborate with other analysts and developers for successful project deliveries
- Enact continuous integration (CI) software testing & deployment activities
- Create and maintain custom application related documentation
- Ensure initiatives are implemented as efficiently as possible, and results are clearly communicated to leadership and all key stakeholders
- Development of continuous integration and deployment solutions for production applications across various sites/software
- Collaborate with IT operations to create continuous deployment pathways
- Keeping up with development and QA industry best practices and trends
- Collaboration with highly skilled developers from partner vendors
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Working closely with Project Managers and vendors to produce accurate delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with Project Managers to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
- Contributing to post implementation reviews helping to demonstrate success or otherwise of projects
- Supporting project resource scheduling and department capacity planning
- Develop solutions and lead the software development and system testing process, resources, programming, projects and documentation.
- Responsible for assuring that output from the software development process includes adequate identification and interpretation of product requirements, such as a) traceability requirements, b) test requirements, c) usability, etc.
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Assist in generation of use cases to ensure that all functional requirements of a system are captured during the product design phase.
- Consult with service line owners in IT&S to evaluate system interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements of overall system.
- Recommend design improvements or corrections to engineers throughout the
- Maintain effective communication with any other software engineers on project limitation, capability, performance requirement and hardware interface changes.
- Participate in effective team interaction and co-located assignment tracking
- Work effectively with distributed team members
- Strong third-party support and vendor cooperation
- Escalate roadblocks or complications that impact deliverables
- Provide accurate and timely updates to department leaders, IT PMO and business leadership as required
B.S or M.S in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related discipline
- 3+ years of in-depth experience using relational or non-relational databases
- 3+ years of experience with software testing paradigms and writing unit/integration tests
- 3+ years of experience as a developer on an Agile team and comfort with Agile development methodologies