We are looking to expand our engineering team and aggressively broaden the vCommander® platform capabilities into areas including cloud native applications, containers and DevOps. We are looking for an exceptional developer to join our container/microservices initiative as part of our growing engineering team. This position can be based out of Boston, MA or Ottawa, ON.
- Design and integration of containers and container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm as first class objects on the vCommander platform.
- Advanced development, design and integration of Microservices-based applications and their blueprints to vCommander.
- Participate in requirements analysis and feature definition
- Contribute to system architecture design
- Work in teams and individually to implement product functionality – design, code unit test, integration tests
- Participate in story estimation and iteration planning
- Find simple ways to solve complex problems that provide high customer value
- Help to continually refine our agile development process
- Diagnose and find resolutions/workaround for customer issues discovered in the field
- A proven history of delivering customer impacting features in an agile environment
- Experienceworking with container/microservice orchestration technologies, especially in the context of building a microservices based application.
- Experiencewith some of the following would definitely be an asset:
- Building Container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Photon/VIC, Mesos, Red Hat OpenShift, etc.)
- Working with Microservices design methodology
- DevOps tools and practices including blue/green deployments (Jenkins, Maven, Github, Xebia, Chef, Puppet)
- IP networking, SDN (NSX), Container networking (CNI)
- PaaS (CloudFoundry, AWS)
- Virtualization (VMware, OpenStack, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Building modern web applications: PrimeFaces, Bootstrap, jQuery, Atmosphere, Angular
- Hibernate (O/R mapping)
- Spring (dependency injection, AOP)
- Languages Java, C#, Go
- RESTful web services
- Relational databases
- Technical or team leadership