Entrepreneurial-Minded Data Software Engineer Wanted: At Boingo, our engineers decide what technologies and methodologies to use when building and enhancing systems. It’s great to have a choice! We trust you to figure out the best solution and get it done. Our technology stack includes Python, GO, Node, Linux, Rest API’s, AWS and Redshift. We’re building systems for Boingo’s next generation data platform.
We’re not looking for an order-taker. We need someone with engineering, problem-solving skills who will develop well thought out systems that are robust and extensible. If you’re curious, structured & resourcefulness, this is the job for you.
What does the job entail?
- Develop leading data ingestion technology using GO/node.js
- Develop data tables that support business questions and provide actionable insights to Boingo’s challenges
- Develop solutions for complex problems exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
- Design, develop and test feature enhancements to meet business requirements then package the changes/additions for release including implementation instructions.
- Work with QA team to define test plans; assist in testing related activities (planning/debugging/problem resolution) as needed
- Make recommendations regarding development processes, etc.
- Maintain and manage test, build and staging environments, acting as key front-line contact with internal Quality Assurance and Engineering Departments for on-going testing of software interface.
- Assist Director / Principal Engineer(s) with architectural related tasks.
Got what it takes?
- Essential are excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with discretion and sound independent judgment.
- Self-motivation and discipline - the ability to work as a team member with other in-house and external developers
- Multi-discipline experience is key with at least two of the following:
- Expert Data platforms and ingestion, minimum of 2 years
- GO/node.js development experience, 1 year minimum
- Python development experience, 1 year minimum
- Strong relational data modeling skills
- Good computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design, concurrency issues, and performance assessment.
- Experience with issues of performance, memory usage, software quality, and other platform requirements
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Experience debugging code in device and emulation environments
- Experience with Subversion and/or Git
- Demonstrated expertise with Linux/Windows/OSX platforms.
- SQL knowledge