Boeing Special Projects Dallas is seeking experienced software professionals for the Littoral Surveillance Radar System (LSRS) and Advanced Airborne Sensor (AAS) programs. Opportunities exist in design, development, integration, test and post-delivery support of integrated hardware and software systems for airborne mission systems and high performance ground systems & simulations.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle with demonstrated proficiency in either software development, integration, or software maintenance processes. The successful candidate is familiar with aircraft mission systems or operator training systems/simulations, is highly motivated, exhibits strong communication; inter-personal, and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Position requires a current / active Secret Clearance or Higher.
- Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements is mandatory. Much of the work at The Boeing Company is of a classified nature and many positions require a security clearance, the granting of which is at the discretion of government authorities. A final clearance is mandatory for this position prior to hire or transfer. If your final Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirement is not granted, in a time frame established by program management this offer will be withdrawn. Once your clearances are granted, if they are not maintained, the result may be reassignment, reclassification, or termination of employment.
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented software development environment using high-level languages with Java, C/C++ OR experience with LINUX/UNIX operating systems.
- Expertise with one or more of the following is highly desired: Linux/Unix operating systems administration, low-level driver/execution environment implementation, Cyber Security/RMF, Information Assurance, Modeling/Simulation, Software Architecture Design, Open System Architecture, Open Mission Systems standards, Operator Machine Interface design/implementation, software integration and testing, COTS software integration, Rhapsody, Eclipse, DOORS, or J-Form Designer.
- Experience with formal development processes and current software engineering topics is highly desired.
- Experience in real-time embedded software development that includes design development through integration test phases.
- Expertise with one or more of the following is highly desired: Linux/Unix operating systems, Low-level driver/execution environment implementation, Cyber Security/RMF, Information Assurance, Modeling/Simulation, Software Architecture Design, Open System Architecture, Open Mission Systems standards, Operator Machine Interface design/implementation, software integration and testing, COTS software integration, Rhapsody, Eclipse, DOORS, or J-Form Designer.
- Prior military or commercial avionics software development experience.
- Experience with formal development processes and current software engineering topics is highly desired. Familiarity with ClearCase and ClearQuest is a plus.
- Object-oriented software development environment experience, using high-level languages targeting an embedded real-time operating system.
Job ID 1700014034