The Boeing Company is seeking a self-motivated Software Engineer to join the P-8A Acoustic team to work on a variety of exciting opportunities in acoustic modeling and simulation products used in anti-submarine warfare. This position will be part of a diverse team of engineers with various backgrounds and skill levels.
- Assignments will include software test scripts, code development and integration of software components into a fully functional software system.
- This includes full life-cycle software development including requirements; designing, documenting, implementing and testing the software; formal qualification and certification of software; and supporting these products through delivery and deployment in the field.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Travel domestically and internationally will be required on an as needed basis up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to obtain a US DOD clearance is required, existing clearance preferred.
- Experience with tools used to verify Software (SW) fixes, integrate new/modified functions and perform pre-release testing.
- Experience utilizing software integration and test tools
- Experience in desktop application frameworks, Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS), Python, C++, JAVA, Linux, MATLAB and configuration management tools is preferred.
- Experience using DOORS (Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System).
- Experience in Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) systems/subsystem.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes with a microservices technology.
- Experience with Continuous Integration.
Job ID 1700012384