*** This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship ***
Boeing is searching for experienced Software Engineers to apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify software solutions for operational programs of vital importance to our customers. As a member of our team, you will evaluate customer/operational needs with otherengineering disciplines to design, develop, deploy, and maintain software that conforms to industry standards.
This position requires interaction with customers, end users, team members, representatives from supporting organizations and vendors. Candidates must possess a professional demeanor that promotes collaboration and demonstrates confidence. Candidates must have the patience to deal with the constraints of performing their job in an operational mission environment both in day-to-day operations and in emergent situations. Candidates applying for this position must have a work ethic focused on optimizing productivity and quality of the products and services delivered in support of the mission.
Essential skills practices and technologies we use include:
- Teamwork using Agile methodologies, communication skills and peer reviews.
- Object-oriented software design using design patterns, refactoring, code reuse and OOA/OOD with UML.
- Technical practices using unit tests, test driven development and continuous integration
- Automation using incremental and iterative development, application lifecycle management (e.g. VersionOne) and configuration management
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship
- Java application and web application development to include client and middle tier components
- MarkLogic xQuery
- Jira and/or VersionOne
Job ID 1700013969