As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work as an integral part of our Continuous Integration Platform team delivering exciting new features for our Autonomous System products. The ideal candidate has extensive DevOps knowledge and experience developing in managed modern cloud based environments using agile development processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific focus for the DevOps Engineer is on automation and optimization of the development and platform management lifecycle, including:
- Develop and sustain Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automated deployment of the highly available, mission critical cloud or enterprise platform product software for integration and test
- Create scripts and templates to build development systems for our software and firmware engineers
- Build tools for deployment, monitoring and operations of engineering infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
Some of the specific challenges you will tackle:
- Create self-service capabilities for developers to write and manage micro services
- Automate provisioning and monitoring of an enterprise deployment of micro services
- Implement security policies according to industry/DOD best practices
- Handle variable load patterns and rapidly increasing demand through elastic system design
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Five (5) to Seven (7) or more years working in DevOps or software development.
- Research & investigative skills
- Technology vendor management
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration and shell scripting
- Extensive experience with a public cloud provider, ideally Amazon Web Services
- Experience with automation and configuration management using either VMware, Puppet, Kubernetes, or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Amazon Web Services certification highly desired
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Software process automation with popular scriptinglanguages (Bash, Python, or Node.js)
- Experience in developing code in at least one high-level programming language, C++ or Java
- Source, build/release, and configuration management in a continuous integration & delivery environment using Atlassian tool-stack
- Experience in automation and testing via scripting/programming (FitNesse or an equivalent)
- Understanding of Agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Application performance analysis and monitoring
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.