The Boeing Company is seeking an entry-level Software Engineer to begin working in Germantown.
As a Software Engineer, you will work as an integral part of our Continuous Integration Platform team delivering exciting new features for our Autonomous System products. The ideal candidate has extensive Software Development Operations (DevOps) knowledge and experience developing in managed modern cloud based environments using Agile Development processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The specific focus for the DevOps Engineer is on automation and optimization of the development and platform management lifecycle, including:
• Develop and sustain Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automated deployment of the highly available, mission critical cloud or enterprise platform product software for integration and test
• Create scripts and templates to build development systems for our software engineers
• Build and develop software tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
• Manage, support and enhance CI tools to automate operational processes
Some of the specific challenges you will tackle:
• Automate provisioning and monitoring of an enterprise deployment of micro services
• Implement security policies according to industry/DOD best practices
• Handle variable load patterns and rapidly increasing demand through elastic system design
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
• Background in Linux/Unix administration and shell scripting
• Some experience with a public cloud provider, highly desired
• Some experience with using either VMware, GitHub or GitLab
• Some experience using open source technologies
• Software process automation with popular scripting languages (Bash, Python, or Node.js)
• Experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language, C++ or Java
• Basic understanding of Agile or other development processes and methodologies
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.